Women of West: Barbara Lipnick

Special edition of Humans of West to celebrate female staff and students for Women's History Month.

“Be kind and work hard. That is what I always told Jacob, Ben, and Max [sons] and my students. You have two priorities in life: one, be kind, especially to people you love like your mom, dad, friends, boyfriend/girlfriend. Also, really work hard in school because you can’t come back. What the world needs now is love, sweet love, that is the only thing there is just too little of.”
-Spanish teacher Barbara Lipnick

“Be kind and work hard. That is what I always told Jacob, Ben, and Max [sons] and my students. You have two priorities in life: one, be kind, especially to people you love like your mom, dad, friends, boyfriend/girlfriend. Also, really work hard in school because you can’t come back. What the world needs now is love, sweet love, that is the only thing there is just too little of.” -Spanish teacher Barbara Lipnick

Naomi Walker

Naomi Walker

Naomi Walker, Reporter

“I lived in France, Spain, Mexico, New York City, and I’ve been to Rome, but I think really when I’m happiest is when I’m walking on the Mississippi River. There is a bike trail right by my house in the East Village. Last night I went for a walk in my neighborhood and I just love that. That’s my happy place.”

-Spanish teacher Barbara Lipnick

About the Contributor
Naomi Walker, Co-Media Editor and Business Manager
Senior Naomi Walker is currently a Co-Media Editor and Business Manager for the West High Beak ‘n’ Eye. Walker is a little undecided when it comes to what she wants to do in the future. She believes she either wants to go to Purdue University in Indiana or Iowa State University. At either of those...
  • Women of West: Barbara Lipnick

Features

Humans of West: Jodi Zimmerman

• Women of West: Barbara Lipnick

News

Fifty-eight students inducted into National Honors Society

• Women of West: Barbara Lipnick

Features

Senior Spotlight: Tu Vu

• Women of West: Barbara Lipnick

News

Welding students refurbish 9/11 memorial

• Women of West: Barbara Lipnick

Multimedia

Freshman volleyball takes a win over Assumption

Women of West: Barbara Lipnick