Women of West: Barbara Lipnick

Special edition of Humans of West to celebrate female staff and students for Women's History Month.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Women of West: Barbara Lipnick

“Be kind and work hard. That is what I always told Jacob, Ben, and Max [sons] and my students. You have two priorities in life: one, be kind, especially to people you love like your mom, dad, friends, boyfriend/girlfriend. Also, really work hard in school because you can’t come back. What the world needs now is love, sweet love, that is the only thing there is just too little of.”
-Spanish teacher Barbara Lipnick

“Be kind and work hard. That is what I always told Jacob, Ben, and Max [sons] and my students. You have two priorities in life: one, be kind, especially to people you love like your mom, dad, friends, boyfriend/girlfriend. Also, really work hard in school because you can’t come back. What the world needs now is love, sweet love, that is the only thing there is just too little of.” -Spanish teacher Barbara Lipnick

Naomi Walker

Naomi Walker

Naomi Walker

Naomi Walker, Reporter

“I lived in France, Spain, Mexico, New York City, and I’ve been to Rome, but I think really when I’m happiest is when I’m walking on the Mississippi River. There is a bike trail right by my house in the East Village. Last night I went for a walk in my neighborhood and I just love that. That’s my happy place.”

-Spanish teacher Barbara Lipnick

About the Contributor
Naomi Walker, Social Media and Business Manager

Senior Naomi Walker is the Marketing Director for the West High Beak ‘n’ Eye, making her responsible for the newpaper's social media accounts and...

• Women of West: Barbara Lipnick

News

Signs of love through the vines of valentines

• Women of West: Barbara Lipnick

Features

The appeal of JROTC

• Women of West: Barbara Lipnick

Bowling

Bowling team rolls on

• Multimedia

Dating advice from the teachers of West

• Women of West: Barbara Lipnick

News

Battle of the Books

Women of West: Barbara Lipnick