Women of West: Barbara Lipnick

Special edition of Humans of West to celebrate female staff and students for Women's History Month.

“Be kind and work hard. That is what I always told Jacob, Ben, and Max [sons] and my students. You have two priorities in life: one, be kind, especially to people you love like your mom, dad, friends, boyfriend/girlfriend. Also, really work hard in school because you can’t come back. What the world needs now is love, sweet love, that is the only thing there is just too little of.”
-Spanish teacher Barbara Lipnick

“Be kind and work hard. That is what I always told Jacob, Ben, and Max [sons] and my students. You have two priorities in life: one, be kind, especially to people you love like your mom, dad, friends, boyfriend/girlfriend. Also, really work hard in school because you can’t come back. What the world needs now is love, sweet love, that is the only thing there is just too little of.” -Spanish teacher Barbara Lipnick

Naomi Walker

Naomi Walker

Naomi Walker, Reporter

“I lived in France, Spain, Mexico, New York City, and I’ve been to Rome, but I think really when I’m happiest is when I’m walking on the Mississippi River. There is a bike trail right by my house in the East Village. Last night I went for a walk in my neighborhood and I just love that. That’s my happy place.”

-Spanish teacher Barbara Lipnick

About the Contributor
Naomi Walker, Co-Media Editor and Business Manager

Senior Naomi Walker is currently a Co-Media Editor and Business Manager for the West High Beak ‘n’ Eye.

Walker is a little undecided when it comes to what she wants to do in the future. She believes she either wants to go to Purdue University in Indiana or Iowa State University. At either of those colleges she would like to study to be either a chiropractor, law enforcement agent or an anesthesiologist.

One thing that Walker does plan on doing is moving to North Carolina with her sister.

“There’s mountains and beaches and I love them both so much,” Walker daydreams.

When not in the newspaper room at school she participates in cheer, National Honors Society, and newspaper. In her free time she also enjoys painting, hanging out with friends and working out.  

Written by Emma Day

• Women of West: Barbara Lipnick

Features

Volunteer extraordinaire

• Women of West: Barbara Lipnick

News

Midterm election causes mixed emotions

• Women of West: Barbara Lipnick

News

A step forward

• Women of West: Barbara Lipnick

Award Winners

Coalition of young voters

• Women of West: Barbara Lipnick

Columns

Anxiety: you’re probably doing it wrong

Women of West: Barbara Lipnick