Band department hosts trivia fundraiser

Back to Article
Back to Article

Band department hosts trivia fundraiser

Trivia night participants enjoy their food while doing their best to answer the questions.

Zack Misner

Zack Misner

Zack Misner

Aiden Rushing, Reporter

On Friday, Nov. 30 band trivia night was held at the American Legion to raise money for the music department.

Teams participated against one another in trivia. Each team consisted of eight members per table, each participant had to pay $10.

“We [marching band] are raising money to help buy new instruments, we need vibraphones, timpanis, and other various brass instruments. We have a lot of new student musicians coming in without having enough instruments for them to be playing on,” Band Director Maggie Oates said.

Booster parents help out tremendously with the event by planning ahead of time and also taking measures to ensure the event will run as smoothly as possible. Nicole Berry, Vice President of boosters and mother of band student sophomore Aubrie Schlotfeldt, took the initiative to plan the event with the help other booster parents.

“This event is a great way to bring parents, students and community members together. We share the flyer with parents, students and community members and seek out donations that can be added to our silent auction table which in turn increases the marketing for the community places that donated,” Berry said.

The planning process includes securing a location, previewing the previous Vice Presidents notes to ensure the event goes as planned. Past trivia nights have been a success creating memories between all of the band members and families.

“We [marching band] bond, we have a good time, we continue to build relationships, and have a lot of fun. [The students] see us outside of the school and they realize that [the teachers] are real people which is awesome. I just think it brings us together as a family and helps propel our program forward,” Oates said.

Students that attend the trivia night tend to share the same feelings about it as Oates. The tables at the event tend to have students, teachers, and parents with some tables reserved for veterans. Senior Ethan Gabriel has attended the trivia night for the past three years and is planning to attend again this year.

“It’s definitely a great fundraiser for the program, the trivia is also really fun. It’s a great way to bond with everyone in band,” Gabriel said.

All of the hard work that went into the event always seems to be worth it in the end. 

I love being able to help out and be involved in my children’s activities. Also, I have done so many trivia events over the years that I felt that this was something I could assist with,” Berry said.

About the Contributors
Aiden Rushing, Reporter

Junior Aiden Rushing is currently a reporter and graphic designer for the Beak ‘n’ Eye. A former prodigy in long division, baseball and spinning on...

Zack Misner, Co-Managing Editor

Nine times out of ten, you can find Beak ‘n’ Eye Managing Editor Zack Misner with his nose in a book. His love of reading and writing makes him a perfect...

• Band department hosts trivia fundraiser

News

German Club offers immersive opportunities for students

News

District under fire for overspending and discrimination

News

Formulating fall festivities

News

Davenport schools host German exchange students

News

Painting fundraiser saves outdoor classroom

Band department hosts trivia fundraiser