First fall pep aud of the 2018-2019 year

On Friday Sept. 28 the first pep aud of the school year was held in the gym during fourth block.

“Everyone is a falcon, we need to build that community, and the school spirit, this pep assembly will do that,” social studies teacher Christine Coyne-Logan said.

Aiden Rushing, Reporter

About the Photographer
Aiden Rushing, Reporter

Junior Aiden Rushing is currently a reporter and graphic designer for the Beak ‘n’ Eye. A former prodigy in long division, baseball and spinning on his head, Aiden is a man of many talents.

Aiden has a passion for creating things. He sees himself more as a creator than creative. He has always been fascinated with things like photoshop and graphic design because it fuels a desire in him to make or build things. He expresses his artistic talents in the charts and posters he has done for the staff or fun pictures of a teacher as movie characters. This passion was so great that it eventually lead to him getting a award for his efforts.

When he is not designing artwork for the newspaper, he is reporting on stories happening around the school. Whether it be about the Speech and Debate team heading to Nationals, a teacher retiring after 38 years of teaching or just showcasing West’s finest, Aiden is always giving it his all in what he does.

A man that doesn’t care what you think about him or what he has to say and as cool and thick as a snail, Aiden spends his free time practicing playing his acoustic electric guitar, which is a tradition cared on by his grandfather and his father, eating sushi at Fuggis, going to the gym and spending time with his family.

Written by Joseph Potts