2018 boys track places at State

Seniors+Tyler+Williams%2C+Darnell+Mosley%2C+Brady+Richlen%2C+and+junior+Anthony+King+pose+for+a+picture+after+placing+sixth+in+the+shuttle+hurdle+relay+at+the+State+meet.+
Seniors Tyler Williams, Darnell Mosley, Brady Richlen, and junior Anthony King pose for a picture after placing sixth in the shuttle hurdle relay at the State meet.

Photo published with permission by Kate Kealey

Naomi Walker, Report

On May 17-19, boys state track state was held at Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa where four of West’s runners placed.

Seniors Brady Richlen, Tyler Williams, Darnell Mosley, and junior Anthony King placed sixth in the shuttle hurdle relay.

“Breaking the school record was crazy to me because I didn’t think I would ever be able to do something like that,” King said.

The four boys beat the school record for shuttle hurdle relay. The previous record was 58.72. The boys beat the record with 58.33.

“I have been running track for four years. It all just came into place. Everything got put together and we placed,” Mosley said.

Not many students were able to go cheer on their school but a couple did, including junior Kate Kealey and senior Savanah Strunk.

“It felt really good to see our school place. It was kind of a sense of accomplishment that our team from our school is actually succeeding and being one of the best in the state,” Strunk said.

Mosley also competed in the 1600 medley, long jump, and 4/100 meter relay and placed fourth in long jump.

“Getting fourth in long jump was my favorite part. For the past two years when I qualified for state, I didn’t place at all. But this year I was finally placing,” Mosley said. “I had a problem all season with long jump because I didn’t get my feet out in front of me and at the state meet it happened again and I lost by 1 ½ inches from first.”

The track team worked out all season and competed at meets in preparation for this state competition.

“I feel like the boys did really well actually. The shuttle hurdle team did more than expected so that was really great and I am really proud and happy that they did that,” Strunk said.

• 2018 boys track places at State

News

Public forum held to address school closures

• 2018 boys track places at State

News

Falcon Nest continues to grow

• 2018 boys track places at State

News

2018 graduates prepare to walk the stage

• News

2018 Falcon graduates enjoy senior picnic

• 2018 boys track places at State

News

2018 Charity Week recap

• 2018 boys track places at State

News

Charity Week: Freddy Falcon pageant

• 2018 boys track places at State

News

Anatomy and Physiology students visit cadaver lab

• 2018 boys track places at State

News

Charity Week: Disney Day

• 2018 boys track places at State

News

Chromebook turn-in

• 2018 boys track places at State

News

Charity Week: Workout Wednesday

2018 boys track places at State