Chromebook turn-in

Chromebook supplies (charger, bag, Chromebook, and strap for bag) needs to be turned in by June 4.  Chromebooks will be turned into fourth block teachers.

Chromebook supplies (charger, bag, Chromebook, and strap for bag) needs to be turned in by June 4. Chromebooks will be turned into fourth block teachers.

Aiden Rushing

Aiden Rushing

Aiden Rushing, Reporter

Chromebook turn-in is right around the corner. Seniors will need to have everything turned in by May 30. The Chromebook turn-in date for freshmen, sophomores, and juniors is June 4 after finals.

All Chromebooks will be turned off June 6.

Chromebooks ($200), the tote bag with the shoulder strap($10.75), and the charger($18) must be turned in by the turn in dates, or students and staff could be charged.

Head librarian Jen Kizer manages the Chromebook turn in process.

“People usually lose their chargers most, or sometimes their shoulder straps,” Kizer said. “The most common thing that we see broken on Chromebooks are screens. They crack very easily and sometimes the bags get beat up pretty badly, but that’s just from lugging it around.”

Sophomore Tony Wickham has had his Chromebook damaged. Wickman returned it to the library for a replacement, which is provided.

“I opened up my Chromebook and set it on the table the wrong way and then the back hinge broke off and the keyboard started to come apart,” Wickham said.

Some students are not worried at all about losing, damaging, or having to pay for their Chromebooks. 

“I just let it [Chromebook] sit in my locker. I’m not going to break it because none of my classes require it,” sophomore Kyle Riepe said.

Some students have trouble keeping them in good shape. Kizer has some advice for all students that might have trouble keeping their Chromebooks, and Chromebook supplies in good condition.

“The best advice to keep your Chromebooks in shape is to keep them in your bag and not stuff supplies in the bag,” Kizer said. “Sometimes they break so easily, but it is because students have notebooks and other stuff slammed into it and they just crack.”

About the Contributor
Aiden Rushing, Reporter
Aiden Rushing is a sophomore and reporter for the Beak ‘n’ Eye. This is his first year on staff. He is very interested in art and photography. Aiden hopes that he will learn and achieve many new things during his time with newspaper.
  • News

Fall sports kickoff generates optimism for Falcon Nation

• Chromebook turn-in

News

Public forum held to address school closures

• Chromebook turn-in

News

Falcon Nest continues to grow

• Chromebook turn-in

News

2018 graduates prepare to walk the stage

• News

2018 Falcon graduates enjoy senior picnic

• Chromebook turn-in

News

2018 boys track places at State

• Chromebook turn-in

News

2018 Charity Week recap

• Chromebook turn-in

News

Charity Week: Freddy Falcon pageant

• Chromebook turn-in

News

Anatomy and Physiology students visit cadaver lab

• Chromebook turn-in

News

Charity Week: Disney Day

Chromebook turn-in