West hosts Steamwheelers game

Marching+Band+plays+their+%22Wicked%22+show+during+halftime+at+the+Steamwheelers+game+on+Feb.+25.+Steamwheelers+fans+can+use+the+promo+code+DWEST+for+the+duration+of+the+season+and+20+percent+of+the+proceeds+go+to+West.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

West hosts Steamwheelers game

Marching Band plays their

Marching Band plays their "Wicked" show during halftime at the Steamwheelers game on Feb. 25. Steamwheelers fans can use the promo code DWEST for the duration of the season and 20 percent of the proceeds go to West.

Photo published with permission by Maggie Oates

Naomi Walker, Reporter

West’s Diamond Dancers, Pep-Band, and Marching Band performed at the Steamwheelers game on Sunday, Feb. 25. The varsity football team was also honored at the game.

This is the first year that the Steamwheelers football team has returned to the Quad-Cities.

The Steamwheelers started an outreach program where high schools host their football games.

“[The Diamond Dancers] got to dance in front of a crowd that we normally wouldn’t dance for and now more people know about us,” junior and Diamond Dancer Presley Roseman said.

West Boosters got 20 percent of the profits made the night of the game.

“[The] Steamwheelers promotion runs the whole season. West was the host of the first game but if anyone attends the rest of the Steamwheelers games and uses the promo code ‘DWEST’ [to purchase tickets], we will continue to get 20 percent of the profits until the end of the season,” Athletic Director Kevin Petersen said.

Although the dancers and band members won’t be performing at the rest of the games, Petersen encourages students to use the promo code if they plan to attend Steamwheelers’ games in the future.

“This game benefited the football team by getting to see a higher level team play and getting to watch those professional athletes doing their thing was great,” West football coach Justin Peters said.

About the Writer
Naomi Walker, Social Media and Business Manager

Senior Naomi Walker is the Marketing Director for the West High Beak ‘n’ Eye, making her responsible for the newpaper's social media accounts and...

• West hosts Steamwheelers game

News

German Club offers immersive opportunities for students

• West hosts Steamwheelers game

News

Band department hosts trivia fundraiser

• West hosts Steamwheelers game

News

District under fire for overspending and discrimination

• West hosts Steamwheelers game

News

Formulating fall festivities

• West hosts Steamwheelers game

News

Davenport schools host German exchange students

West hosts Steamwheelers game