Falcon festivities

Kate Kealey, Editor in chief

On Dec. 20, West students and staff spent the final day before winter break spreading holiday joy. This season, West took part in many activities to help give back to the community, such as the Angel Tree and Brittany’s gifts. During passing time holiday music was played, and at the end of the day the staff passed out candy canes to students.

Kate Kealey
Senior Bailey Poston, sophomore Allie Poston, junior Jenna Dougherty, senior Cassidy Kolwey and sophomore Hannah Crisci take a break from science to flash their seasonal spirit.

Kate Kealey
Exceptional education teacher Ed McEleney and freshman Ashley Scarsella dress up as Santa and his one reindeer.

Kate Kealey
Seniors Kaylee Anderson and Savanna Miranda and family consumer science teacher Michelle Hosch are cooking up some holiday spirit.

Kate Kealey
Security guard Tim Freemole, Associate Principal Matt Hassig, and junior Kassie Ramey, deck out for the holidays with festive headbands, Santa hats and a bulbed beards

Kate Kealey
Junior Leah Anderson and sophomore Austyn Strong enjoy their yearbook holiday party in their seasonal sweaters.

About the Contributor
Kate Kealey, Editor in Chief

She may be a senior at West with a bright mind, but Kate Kealey is involved in many more ways than just being a student. For example, she takes on the role of being Editor in Chief for the Beak ‘n’ Eye. She is very excited for the responsibilty and opportunity that comes with this position.

Kealey participates on the track team and she has done it ever since 6th grade.

Kealey loves being ‘in charge of staff but it is a lot of work to get the paper edited and looking really good.

For Kealey, spreading the love of journalism and helping other staff members see that is very important to her. She also enjoys the responsibility and stress that comes with editing the newspaper.

Written by Tyler Newman

Falcon festivities