Soccer holds trivia night for new scoreboard

Back to Article
Back to Article

Soccer trivia night is Saturday, Apr. 7 at the Walcott Coliseum. Proceeds will go to purchasing a new scoreboard for West's soccer field.

Hannah Andrews, Reporter

On Saturday, Apr. 7, the boys and girls soccer teams will be hosting a trivia night at the Walcott Coliseum.

You can reserve a table that seats up to eight people. It is $10 dollars per person to attend. The trivia night has been a recurring event for the past two years.

Our previous trivia nights have been a great success,” head girls soccer coach Kelly Schroeder said. “We have raised over $5,000 dollars each year we have done it.”

Just like in previous years, the soccer teams will be hosting this event to better their home field for the season to come.

The goal of this trivia night is to raise money in particular for a scoreboard,” head boys soccer coach Jon Sandoval said. “Davenport West is the only school within 90 miles of the QC not to have a scoreboard. The scoreboard is the major piece that is missing.”

In previous seasons, the West soccer teams would have to be bussed out to the Davenport Soccer Complex for home games because they didn’t have all of the equipment [the scoreboard] to host a proper game at West.

“We are the eighth largest school in Iowa and we don’t have a scoreboard,” varsity soccer player and sophomore Taras Taylor said. “It’s embarrassing as a team and school.”

When it comes to sports and other activities run through the school, players and coaches take pride in what they do.

“This isn’t just about soccer, it’s about having a sense of pride throughout all West athletics,” Sandoval said.

About the Writer
Hannah Andrews, Reporter

Hannah Andrews is a junior and works for the Beak ‘n’ Eye at West High School.

Andrews lives with her grandparents, but when asked who her greatest...

• Soccer holds trivia night for new scoreboard

News

German Club offers immersive opportunities for students

News

Band department hosts trivia fundraiser

News

District under fire for overspending and discrimination

News

Formulating fall festivities

News

Davenport schools host German exchange students