Breaking News
  • BUY YOUR 2023 YEARBOOK IN THE FRONT OFFICE OR ONLINE NOW

Featured Staff Profile

West High Drama

See if the shoes fits with the theater and drama club
Roman Reese
Lights camera action the West theater club in action.

It’s drama and theater season, so check those lights… It’s show time. The drama and theater club has lost a lot of their thespians from the seniors moving on to greener pastures. 

“It’s very strange and certainly refreshing to see a lot of new faces, but very sad. You build that connection with the seniors over the course of a year or two. I’m sure it will get more difficult as the year goes more and more by,” Mr. Zelnio said.

This year the drama and theater club has got plenty of new freshman faces and some overseas students as well. Plus their annual thespian festival is coming up at the University of Iowa. As for the play and musical they have some good things in store for us. 

“The play we’re doing this year is James and the Giant Peach, then the musical this year is going to be Cinderella ,” said Mr. Zelnio.

We also have some people to look out for too. Avery Conger, senior drama club president, has a whole lot of talent and is even more of a hard worker. We have to wait and see what the drama board has in store for us. We also have a new staff member joining our Falcon Nest to help out the thespians of West. 

“A new para Miss Clarice Brown. Her specialty is technical theater and set construction. So I’m very excited to work with someone that can really round out our areas of expertise. So I’m really hoping for the opportunity to show a lot more ambition,” said Mr. Zelnio.

About the Contributor
Gracie Sade
Gracie Sade, Reporter
Gracie is a junior and a reporter on the Beak-N-Eye newspaper staff. This is her second year on the paper. She likes reading, listening to music and watching TV outside of school. The only way to describe her is a 60 year old and a 2 year old trapped in a teenager's body.